View Single Post
Old 6th January 2017, 18:15

thecarbuilder246 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up chassis

Hi

My current plan is to use a double wishbone front suspension set up similar to the deon, but using a modern billet alloy front upright with correct 5x108 bolt pattern so enabling the use of the correct cromadora wheels.These will be fitted with a 300mm vented disc and four pot calipers.I may use the mini rack as used on the deon as these are still available new.
At the rear is where the real work is needed. As stated by ross in another post on this forum fitting a V6 engine with the gearbox mounted end on, space issues mean that top wishbones end up very small.I know it's not strictly dino replication, but I'm looking at a macpherson strut arrangement on the rear with a bottom wishbone. This will allow me more room for the engine. Similar to the set up that is used on the Lancia stratos replica. Again using a billet upright with correct 5x108 hub,300mm vented disc and four pot calipers, along with a pair of brembo hand brake calipers.
My idea is to build a front chassis section with all suspension fitted,a rear section with engine/gearbox and suspension and join the two with the centre floor pan section. I intend to use 75mmx50mm out riggers with a smaller section to join the two.
What do others think?

ian