View Single Post
Old 27th June 2019, 15:09

GaryR is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Hey Gary, I appreciate it! Its slow but steady progress.

I can take some pictures showing what I have done, but I found a good route where the filler line is level and does not have any petrol sitting in the line after fill up.

You run a 90 degree bend out of the tank connection and connect that up to a flexible fuel filler hose. I ran that over the arch of the wheel and then put another 90 degree bend that runs into the boot area. Then you have to run a solid 37" piece of 2" pipe across the top of the boot area where you can 90 into the fuel filler cap. That probably doesn't make sense, but I will take some pictures this evening and share them to give you an idea.

Cheers and good luck on the build
OK, interesting and many thanks! I think I understand you (although pics would be most useful too please if you'd be kind enough when you have a mo!).

So another question; Since making these connections have you tried filling the tank up by any chance or is the project still mid-build?

I'm concerned that the fall to the tank won't be enough and as a result at each fuel fill-up the fuel will back up, causing the fuel-pump to cut out mid-fill. Something I'd like to avoid ultimately!

Many thanks again!