Thread: IVA Application
View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2015, 17:40

morris is on a distinguished road

Well, it seems the first registration hurdle is getting the forms in the first place. You can download the V627/1 build declaration but not the V55/5 registration which seems bizarre. I'm assuming V55/5 is the right one and not V55/4 but the terminology "Kit converted vehicle" which is what the Marlin qualifies as is not used for either. V55/5 covers rebuilt vehicles so gut instinct is that's the right one.

You have to send the registration fee of £55 (fair enough) but also the tax for the period you want cover. Until the car is registered and I have the V5C how do I know what the tax bill is? I can guess and assume it's pre-2001 rules, but that's an assumption. I may have to pay the 2015 tax band for the emissions bracket for all I know (hope not).

The V627/1 asks for receipts for parts so I can just send the same set I used on the IVA form but they also want "build plans". BUILD PLANS! If I'd had some of those it may not have taken me 4+ years to finish the thing. Do they assume everyone's built a westfield/airfix style kit? I think that may end up an "N/A" unless anyone has some better advice.