View Single Post
Old 11th May 2016, 17:52

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

I've been stewing on this today and I'm probably setting myself up for being verbally attacked but when the Miglia came out , it was Heralded as the all new , all straightened , all sorted car the Sammio should have been . As a result the price was increased over the Sammio price by about 5-600 quid approx. (Based on a similar Cordite )

Truth was you paid your extra money and got a better body in some degrees , arches rounded , shiny ...but you still got tape measure variances , panel fit issues , wheel arch location discrepencies challenging build problems ..you also got a thinner layup than a Sammio ...and the internal frame that was seriously lacking in strength , accuracy , purpose etc...no tunnel , no bracing ... In other words , the Miglia was no better an offering than the Sammio was at the end of the day despite the best efforts to hype it up ...

As crude as my concept was , it worked ...looking at Tims car , without major mods , it doesnt work ...

I do think they are a pretty little car though ... and despite the trials , no less a taxing build than any Hot Rod project and just as , if not more so , worthwhile on that first drive !!

Last edited by lancelot link; 11th May 2016 at 18:22..