View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2015, 16:38

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Project Review - Part 7:
So there you have it, a rather long round up of just under 22 months of work, within a project that is already at 3 years and counting.

But what does it all mean?

My Glass Is Half Empty:
It would be easy to look back at this sabbatical period and say I could have / should have done more work on the car.

My Glass Is Half Full:
I've taken full advantage of this sabbatical to make huge strides forward in this build and can take pride in what I have achieved.
To take what I started with, and end up with what I have now, would have simply been impossible if I was working on this part time.
Especially given my lack of experience, my struggle to find KISS solutions, the lack of a garage to work in & the occasional spot of rain.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Future:
I have every intention of finishing this project, getting the car on the road and then actually spending some time driving it.
But I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that if I can only work on the car part time going forward, this will take a while.
As I am also very conscious that my daughters are growing up fast and my eldest will be taking her CCSEs next year.
So there is no way that I am going to put this build before anything they need in terms of their education, or development.
Which means that if I have to keep putting this build on hold in order to put family first then that is the way it will be.

The good news is that there is nothing left to do on the car that I am not capable of doing, based on what I've learnt so far.
( With the exception of sorting out the engine, which I was always planning to get some help with if I needed it anyway. )
Another positive is that epic jobs like the bulkhead, body shell, bonnet, etc. were all completed by taking one small step at a time.
So my constant build philosophy of "keep chipping away" will definitely ensure progress and I will get all the jobs done one day.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Until next time, take care, Paul.