Thread: IVA Application
View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2015, 07:23

morris is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the louvres were a surprise to me too. he said it was because they protruded by more than 5mm. I'd looked at them as a panel gap and applied the 10mm rule so thought I was OK. he didn't have a problem with the gap between the door and the A panel right next to it that has the same radius filed on it. I wasn't going to argue as there were other things against which the test had already failed that were not fixable on the spot like that would have been. As I only have louvres on the A panels and deliberately didn't have them done on the rest of the bonnet (for this very reason) it's an easy fix.

The other issue I forgot to mention was the heads of the bolts on the front lower arm of the front suspension as they were touching the steering gaiter. He was not personally that worried but said others are fussy about anything rubbing on the gaiter so although he didn't mark it on the form, recommended I sort some thing out like a thinner gaiter for my retest in case I get someone else who then picks up on it. I've just ordered some 10.9 M10 button head bolts so that will solve that problem. Unfortunately there's not enough room for a plastic cap or I'd just do that.

Hopefully I can get things sorted and a retest done in the next month or so. Trouble is with the registration I may still miss the best of the summer anyway.

cheers
Ian