View Single Post
Old 8th May 2016, 23:05

HouseMartin is on a distinguished road
Smile 2016 update

Well I am still tinkering around the edges, but not getting any closer to a finished my G46 as the 4 year mark approaches.

Major step forwards this weekend.

I have finally managed to secure the windscreen.
Thick metal tube spacer to raise the mounting point of the windscreen uprights to give the required angle so that i was looking through the screen rather than over it.
Creating of a fibreglass lip on the bulk head to meet the glass has taken longer than I had hoped as the bulkhead curves and screen curves were a little out.

Several sessions of filler and sanding to get the profile of the lip to match the curve of the screen and a final touch up in mat black before the rubber seal and lower silver filler strip.
The scimitar wipers arms were cut down with a hacksaw and bent in the vice only needing a spot well to hold the new 9" blades.
The twin 90 degree washer jets are both missing the wipers so i go for 2 to a single set in the middle so I can hit both blade from the same jet.

Just the rod mount interior mirror to finish that job. The rod being tension by a nut accessible under the heater inlet panel.

Next job is seeing if I can lower the steering wheel a couple of inches inch for better visibility of the dials. Before starting with the interior.

HM