View Single Post
Old 15th September 2013, 12:36

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Arrived home safely at noon after a three hour run up the M25 and M11. Lucky for me it stayed dry until I got within a mile of home

My Spyder has run perfectly for 463 miles since Thursday without missing a beat. I've driven it at 60 to 70mph for three hours non stop on the motorway, enjoyed back road blasts between Crawley and Goodwood and even been stuck in a traffic jam in the rain. It's not going to set any economy records but it's averaged 32mpg, which isn't bad for an old bus.

Without the slightest hint of irony, when I got home and needed to move my modern car out of the way to put the Spyder in the garage, my tin top wouldn't start I had a few choice words to say about it but nothing repeatable in polite company.

I've had a brilliant time at Goodwood and I'd recommend building your own car and driving it there in the rain to anyone!

Charman, I'd have loved to have stopped in for a cuppa and a look at your G46, unfortunately I didn't pay for internet access last night so I didn't get your message until I got home. I'll drop in next year though, do you think it'll be finished?

Paul, sorry I missed you and your family, but at least you found my car. Hope you enjoyed the show.

Lunch now, some photo's later...