View Single Post
Old 6th June 2015, 23:02

jones is on a distinguished road

So a good day was had, got up nice and early, OK not quite as early as some (Scottie) but outside by 9:30 is good enough.

New shocks on the Jag, tick job done oh and how nice it is to be right. I even took it to Jag on my road test to make my point.

Back home and I thought to myself lawn and garden or car, hmmmm lawn or car....? Winner is Car

With my neighbours away I duly took them up on their offer for us to use their drive, so moved both our cars over. Whooped off the tarp and their she was, battery flat but not unsurprisingly so after her neglect. Next up was job number 1 remove roll cage ready for prep and paint (thinking just plain black to be honest).

Onto job no.2 removal of the rear lights and reflectors, I need to neaten up two holes as well before refitting them.

Job no.3, tidy up boot extender panel - this now sits square ready for bonding.

This left me with this mess on my driveway:

Well a spot of lunch later and on to the next job, no.4. Making a template/mock up of the side vents...

Transfered that onto the car:

Then voila some grinding later and we have holes... I mean vents:

Job no.5, actually turning them into vents, two done but my belly was crying out for dinner and I wanted to watch the F1 qualifying so tools away and car put roughly back together, the tarp on. In my hurry I didn't take any pictures of my first bit of fibre glassing.

Thats all...

...will tomorrow's weather be as good?

Last edited by jones; 7th June 2015 at 09:04..