View Single Post
Old 13th December 2013, 15:40

Scottie22 is on a distinguished road
Default Sods law

The plan today was to start the car, drive it out of the tent and put it on the ramps where
I could trim the fibreglass sills and get them bonded on.
(Before it rained later)

It started and I drove it out, I was keen to see the “stance” as it had not been moved since all the major suspension lowering etc. So I wanted to see how it looked after it had “settled”.

I took some pictures, and was pleased with the ride height and more importantly,
(To me at least) was the distance between the top of the wheel arches and the wheels.

Sods law, we all know how this works don’t we? Well today sod was totally determined this would be HIS day not mine, as I started to drive up the ramp the throttle cable snapped, of course I was mildly irritated at this setback.

Sod was having fun! Then it started to rain, mild irritation it was not.

On checking, the stop had come off the throttle end of the cable, I whacked on an electrical connector to sort this out, it was still raining

Jumped into a soggy car and turned the key to find the starter motor had jammed!

Sod was beside himself now, and I was not amused.

Can it get any worse I wondered……..

Chucked a sheet over the now sodden car, and put a spanner on the end of the motor only to find it was rounded off!

Starter motor off time in the pi**ing rain, what fun!

Long story short, oiled up the bendix, put the motor back on, took the sheet off the car
(Still in pouring rain) turned the key, flat battery again…………

I think sod was taking the piss.

Eventually I got the car back in the tent having achieved virtually f**k all, except the knowledge that I need a new starter motor, and will order one today.

To end on a positive note, I was pleased with the result of my lowering efforts, as I think the car is progressing well in the stance department.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]