View Single Post
Old 4th August 2018, 12:03

jmc14 is on a distinguished road

I purchased a shell from a fiberglass guy that goes by the name of Mr Bruce. He's outside of Pittsburgh, PA, USA. He made his coupe body longer and much wider. It was a good starting point. But, required massive modifications to get what you see in the pictures.

I shortened it extensively and the car now has the original's 90 inch wheelbase. I narrowed it by 8 inches so that it fits the C4 Corvette suspension. (Its 74 inches wide at the rear tires and 72 inches wide at the front) I redid all of the fenders and wheel openings. Created the hood bulge and hood vents. Redid the radiator opening and brake ducts. Redid the side contours. Molded in the windshield base, dash, and interior cockpit. Shortened the rear overhang and changed the angle. Molded in a bulkhead into the rear of the Bonnet. Formed the rear deck. (There wasn't a rear deck on the body) And more!

I agonized over design details and would make changes then redo them over and over. When I got the the final look that I was happy with I spent hours upon hours shaping, smoothing out, and sanding.

I know that this body isn't an accurate Cheetah Replica. I did it to my personal taste while trying to retain some of the design features of the Cheetah. I love the shape and I'm happy with the results of my work.