View Single Post
Old 30th May 2017, 15:53

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Jag - You were never going to buy the "pit lane modification" / "Lancia D24 tribute" story were you?

Deggsy - Given all the time I wasted on the boot lid, you'd think I would remember what I did there?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Struggling Tuesday:
It kept spitting rain occasionally, so I restricted myself to sanding duties, but I am running out of steam.

It took me ages to get the boot lid this far.

But at least I remembered to take a photo of the original etch primer acting as a guide coat.

So on all areas like the above, I just keep going until all the grey has disappeared.

I finally finished the sunny side of the boot lid after lunch.

As Jag pointed out the other day, I do have a tad more filler and GRP than most.

Next I finished off sanding down the bottom section of the bonnet.

I ended up ordering some Panel Wipe, which should be here in a few days.

In the meantime, I decided to test my theory about why the BRG paint reacted.

So, once again, I wiped the boot lid down with White Spirits.

But this time I left it to fully evaporate a very long time, just to be on the safe side.

However, I was still very nervous when I applied some of the high build primer over the repaired areas.

I ended up covering quite a large area, just to make sure of a good overlap.

The good news is that there has been no reaction so far. < Touch Wood. >

I then started putting some etch primer on the headlight rim from the passenger side.
( The lower section will get done again when I flip this over to do the base of the rim. )

My final job of the day was to etch prime the bottom of the bonnet.

As, by now, the dark clouds were rolling back in and I was getting fed up of the will it/wont it rain debate.
( Plus I am heading out this evening and need to get everything packed away before I go. )

Until next time, take care, Paul.