Old 2nd August 2017, 20:38
Enthusiast

peterux is on a distinguished road
Default Front Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Nice work
Thanks, Patrick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having rebuilt the front suspension and sorted the PAS steering, I could now move on the fitting the front brakes.
I started by installing the brake discs and the calipers that I re-furbished back in the winter. The discs were new when I bought them but it's been so long ago they have a bit of surface rust.

Brake disc and caliper by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I'm using Goodridge flexible hoses but the front hoses have the wrong size fitting for the Ford crossbeam mounting point. I tried using a nut each side of the mounting but that made it too short for the pipe fitting the other side. So I made up a stainless steel hexagon shaped washer which worked a treat.

Front Brake Flex hose by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

I've mounted the front tee fitting on the front crossbeam.

Front Brake pipes by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Brake pipe will be p-clipped to the chassis rail when I have the engine out for painting.

Technically speaking, once this pipe is p-clipped to the chassis rail, the IVA requirement of fixings every 30 cm would be met but the brake pipe did look a little vulnerable so I made up an additional support tab.

Front brake pipe support by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

Tee fitting to offside brake flexi.

..........to the nearside brake caliper.

Front Brake pipe by Sabrebuilder, on Flickr

So that's the complete Brake System finally completed awaiting bleeding after the final body tub fitting.

Next up will be the cooling system........

...peter