View Single Post
Old 26th October 2013, 10:00

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Finally the World seems to have woken up to the true value of these little gems.

If you've deep pockets and lack the time or skill to build the 50's sports racer you've always wanted, £32,000e is a small price to pay for membership of what remains a very exclusive club of maybe 100 finished Spyder owners in the World. It also bought the new owner a very pretty car that will bring a great deal of pleasure.

There's a sense of occasion every time you get behind the wheel of one of these that you just don't get with a modern car, even a showroom fresh £32,000 sports car. Mine stirs positive emotions in almost everyone that happens upon it - male, female, young, old, it stops people in their tracks. Young dudes in slammed Scubies even wind their windows down at traffic lights and shout 'Wow! Nice car!'

I would say it's more a work of art than anything Tracey Emin ever churned out and have you seen what her 'work' sells for?

£150,000 to you sir, Mr Saatchi. No, really, he did pay a hundred and fifty big ones for that in 2000. Imagine what he'd pay for something that's actually a pleasure to look at. Turner prize my ar$e!

So, how about it Mr Saatchi. Yours for a mere $750,000. A snip given that the bonnet scoops were inspired by a Damien Hirst dissected shark...