View Single Post
Old 31st October 2013, 09:00

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Don't want to be negative, but if the issue is indeed the lack of airflow through the engine bay (ie air in AND air out), a chin spoiler will not work...
It would be just like trying to force more water into a bottle that is already full.

Baz from Brussels

PS: the new tyres look fantastic!
Don't worry Baz, any advice is always gratefully taken on board.

I did wonder if I'd explained myself properly with the 'chin' spoiler idea. It's not going on the front but under the rear radiator to ram air into it at speed. I might even engineer a motorised or mechanical flap that lowers into the airstream dependant on speed and/or temperature, a bit like the engine cover on a 90's 911.

That way I'm hoping that the second rad won't over cool the engine in day to day dawdle driving, but will kick in at motorway speeds and stop the temperature rising too high. And because it will be between the back wheels it won't ground going over speed bumps.

As for bonnet vents, if you remember I actually have louvres at the back of the bonnet, but they're blanked off dummies at the moment. I could always grind out the remaining fibreglass behind them I suppose...

Nice to see your car coming together Christine, it's looking very nice indeed. How long before you hope to be on the road?