View Single Post
Old 19th March 2017, 08:17

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aitchpee View Post
So exciting to see this finally coming together - many small volume automotive producers could learn a lot from the process of design, engineering, development and prototyping that you and Glan have been through on the Formosa. In fact you might consider a 'project workshop' on the process, for others with plans for producing their designs.

I'll have to come down soon and see the body in the flesh. I'm keen to see the mods required to the bulkhead etc.
Thank you H ... Glan is really the man who made this happen , I knew what I wanted , he made it happen with me acting as the lacky labourer on most of it ...I think the already retired Glan , is ready to re-retire !! He has a mid 30's MG project he put on hold to help me with this and I think he's going to get back on that when we are done ...

Welcome down anytime H ... I have a guy coming from Belgium on wednesday , which is cool ...

The bulkhead pictures above show the mods quite well when compared with a stock one , its scalped in the same way a S*mmio one is and the triangulating braces removed , wiper bracket too ...the plate in the middle is where this one had the heater bulge removed and it was rusty behind it ..

The battery frame can be removed or left ...I'm leaving this one but going to fit a dropped tray like a Spitfire to keep the battery in the same location ..I think they are better left on to maintain a bit of strength

I'm working with Mark at Southern Triumph Services quite closely with prepping a chassis for a customer and he's having it fully refurbed by them too ...I know that he would be happy to do bulkhead modifications for any builders if required too ...

Last edited by lancelot link; 19th March 2017 at 08:22.. Reason: Thought Id give Southern Triumph a shameless plug ...