View Single Post
Old 11th March 2012, 09:27

oaktree11 is on a distinguished road
Default More progress and HELP!!!

Hi all, back from Canada for a bit and am making steady progress, pictures to follow later today when I take some!

I have completed the clutch MC assemble and am really pleased with it. The pedal box is offered up so that I can get on with plumbing the copper piping.

One of the big problems I have is that, having bought this kit as a collection of parts (i didnt strip the donor) I am having a big issue with finding/identifying bits. I suspect there will be many more cries for help on this subject!

One issue I have at the moment is with the diff which I am just about to fit. I have found all the Marlin brackets and worked out where they go, there are no bolts but I can sort that. The large circular rubber mounting is puzzling me. It has already been fitted (not by me) and is new but it has an oval hole not a round one. I can see some logic in that but in what orientation should it be fitted? The Bentley manual shows a round hole but does indicate that the mounting needs to be orientated in a particular way. Mine does not look like theirs.
I think it is ok as it is. The long axis of the hole is horisontal and the bush has a sort of "arrow" shape which is pointing (more or less) straight up.
Does this sound right?

IMG_0571[1] by oldpropuk, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks for the help - John