View Single Post
Old 5th September 2018, 06:30

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Some nice looking cars there, Mick, I particularly like that Teal.

As for the price the owner is asking, I don't think it's unrealistic when you look at the time an money that's gone into finishing it to what looks to be an excellent standard (from your photo, anyway).

Not sure if you're watching 'Wheeler Dealers' on Quest at the moment, but there's a bit of a trend on that show:

If the finished car is advertised at under $20k, people with no money show up, kick the tyres and make ridiculously low offers, which Brewer usually accepts due to there being nobody else answering the ad.

But, when the finished car is offered at $30k+, there's a queue of Doctors and Lawyers and Business Executives (who all live in little boxes, btw), and the first one to show up compliments Mike on the quality of Ed's work and pays the asking price without a second's thought.

I know you've had issues selling your D Type, but have you considered doubling the price and putting it in a classified ad? After all, it deserves to achieve a strong price and what have you got to lose? Just a thought.