View Single Post
Old 8th July 2016, 21:59

Old Jock is on a distinguished road

Removed the sticky tape which held the bonnet and boot in place during transportation following Molleur's kind advice. The finish of the outside of the bodywork if pretty smooth all over except for where the "joins" are on the top surface and around the small air intake on the bonnet. No rough patches as far as I can see and no pin holes etc so, hopefully, not too much rubbing down and filling other than around the edges to improve the shut lines of the bonnet and boot. I'm quite impressed and happy with the overall finish. All of the other chassis and various bulkhead parts come in associated packages with identifying labels of what's in each package which will help once I get to the body assembly stage. I haven't opened any of them yet but what I can see through the plastic wrapping looks to be very neat and clean with nice smooth edges to the plywood and aluminium. Unfortunately, I won't be able to play with it until later next week when I will have to decide if it's likely that the offer of steam cleaning the chassis is going to be fulfilled or if I just go ahead and degrease it with Gunk myself and then shot blast it. Oh, all these decisions!