View Single Post
Old 28th May 2017, 17:12

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Prescott Today

Today I tootled up to Prescott for their annual French and Italian themed event. Expensive at £20 but well worth it for the plethora of fantastic machinery both competing and on display. For a change, mine wasn't the only Flag Metallic Blue 'Jaguar' on show.

This one, from the 1982 reg, was a reconstituted XJ6 or similar.

However this was very much the real thing. Stunning!

The supposed star of the show was this Bugatti which apparently does almost 300MPH and does 0-200 in 14 seconds, all courtesy of its eight litre quad turbo H16 engine. At £2.5 million it didn't do a lot for me, you could get a half-way decent D-Type for that.

Duncan Pittaway's 'Beast of Turin' was impressive: huge and noisy with its aero engine power unit.

This is what had me drooling, Maserati250F. I'd seen it right up close before at Historic Silverstone when I arrived very early and the nice man in the marquee let me over the rope as no other punters were around . Beautiful machine and very successful in its day.

Lots of interest in the A352 once again, with many kind comments. The scheduled fly by of the BoB Flight Spitfire didn't materialise due to technical difficulties. The only tiny blot on another fab day out.

Regards, Mick