View Single Post
Old 9th July 2019, 12:01

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up The Monaco Has Landed

Today, at long last, it seems, I collected the main body from spray dude. The friend in whose long wheelbase LDV it was transported is undergoing chemo: he can drive OK but lifting is a problem. Loading was a doddle, but unloading at mine was problematic with just me and my son doing the honours. We used a halfway house method, balancing it on my workmate and a discarded furniture item I found in the hedge at LDV height.

The actual colour is somewhere between the above and below shots.

Once the LDV was gone, we could carry it down to the man cave and plonk it on the bespoke table I crafted in '16 for painting the S4 Seven frame. This has it at a handy height for the few engine bay jobs left to do.

Once these are done it can go back on the chassis and reassembly can commence, first job being to make it 'look like a car' for the V627 submission photo's.

I'm more than happy with the finish, there being a mild dose of authentic cellulose orange peel, a nice period touch. My wildly optimistic completion target is August Bank Holiday weekend for the Gloucester Retro Festival, failing that, Castle Combe Classic in October.

Regards, Mick