View Single Post
Old 16th November 2016, 11:53

Charman.tech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
Unfortunately, what I mean by a bit rough was the original build, the body is bodged on with lumps of wood and 2 part foam, internal panelling is cheap ply and the engine was a complete nightmare.
The car looked great from the outside and drove quite well although skinny tyres on 4" wide TR4 rims made for lots of sliding around.
I am going to replace all the panelling and the front bulkhead with aluminum sheet. I am fitting a balance bar pedal box to get twin circuit brakes.
The car should be back on the road in the Spring, should have around 200 or so horses so will be an exciting drive!

I have also found an easy way to gain twin circuit brakes on early cars if you can do without a servo. Much safer than single and makes the handbrake easier to get through an MOT!

SteveD

Steve

Good to see WCA's G46 getting a new lease of life our car has been put on hold whilst building first a barn conversion for my family home and now the conversion of an old barn as my garage / office etc. Hope to have mine back in the garage for the new year and looking forward to progressing it. As HM said if we can be of any assistance please ask.