View Single Post
Old 11th April 2017, 06:29

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Talking Back on The Job

I've been side-tracked for a week and a bit by other jobs, plus another half day sortie in the A352, but on Sunday and yesterday I was able to get back Monaco-ing.

When I'd offered up both levels of my boot floor I realised that the front one, which will bolt to the suspension towers, wasn't long enough to enable the ply joining the two to be vertical. Fortunately, one of the jobs which sidelined me was fabricating new gates between the houses from 13mm ply (the old ones were modified fence panels and hadn't stood the test of time), so there was enough spare to make a new extended floor using the old one as a template.

When cut out I noticed that the ply was de-laminated quite badly so I made up some resin, brushed it liberally into the gap and weighed it down flat (there's a car battery in my bin) whilst the resin cured. This worked, but I haven't offered it up yet.

I then turned my attention to the front body and bonnet which had been cut for the 40DCOE (now sold) which the project came with. Luckily the previous owner had kept the bonnet section and part of the body side. The latter first needed screwing to the length of strengthening angle I'd fitted. I set to with the GRP gubbins, completing the underside of the bonnet and one of the gaps left either side of the body bit.

Number two son then arrived for his birthday get-together so, at lager o'clock, I tidied everything away.

Regards, Mick