View Single Post
Old 13th November 2016, 15:09

Dpaz is on a distinguished road

Yes kit cars have improved in 20 years, But my Locust handles, stops and goes pretty well for its age. When I built it I was looking back to a time when we built cars ,not assembled a box of bits. Yes I know the Lotus7 came as a box of bits. You need to look at a persons reason for building a kit car, most likely it is for the satisfaction of creating something unique and often to do this on a limited budget. Not everyone has the finances to spend thousands on a car, ingenuity and imagination are vital. With the advent of IVA/SVA a good way is to buy a registered vehicle needing rebuilding and rebuild it. If you want to make a small fortune building kit cars ,start with a large one. A kit car is unlikely to be an investment unless you are at the top end. I am guessing that you have a Rochdale GT from the 60's of their time quite an advanced car but back then we were dropping plastic bodies onto Pop and Austin 7 chassis which often only had a top speed in the upper 60s. But they were an awful lot of fun and satisfaction, which is what counts.