View Single Post
Old 6th November 2017, 12:46

davecymru is on a distinguished road

Thanks Paul!

It was a good day at Shepton and really nice to meet Graham and see the Formosa in the flesh!
Despite no planning, i arrived just at the right time to get parked next to it and the day turned out all the better for it, as it would seem that Sammio, Ribble, Miglia and Formosa owners are all of a similar ilk (and sense of humor!) !

i.e. A real Ferrari pulled up behind us, looked at us and saw that more people were looking at our cars than his, which raised a chuckle from the two of us

Actually both of our cars received a LOT of attention and even more so for being parked next to each other as some people liked bits of one more than the other and visa versa. TBH I would say that they actually look a lot more 'related' in the flesh and that's not a bad thing.

And that seems to back up what Gary said, as even i was expecting the Formosa to be more of an evolution of what's gone before, but it's actually more of a different-take-on-a-similar-theme.
e.g. some people liked the wider look of the Formosa, some preferred the narrower Miglia. Some liked one headlight style, other the other etc..

Personally my 2 favorite ideas that i may blatantly nick from this new upstart are:
  • The rim around the top of the doors and cockpit, I thought that gave it much more professional finish in that area.
  • The Door hinges - they're simply just cool!

Next challenge is to get to a show with one of each of:
Sammio Spyder
Cordite
G46 (this may prove tricky!)
Miglia
Formosa

(have i missed anyone?)