View Single Post
Old 25th August 2011, 17:43

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
Hi this is my first posting on this forum
I have had a general interest in the kit car scene for many years and I think the range of Sammio designs are a breath of fresh air when compared to the usual Cobra and Lotus 7 designs which usually prevail.
In particular the 2cv chassis option offers the most simple back to basics design with low running costs and smiles per mile. One drawback of the design, however, is the underpowered engine which even in a lighter body is going to give a very poor performance. Has anyone considered what the Pembleton owners have done on their 3 and 4 wheeler kits? They have designed adaptor plates to mount the twin cylinder BMW and Moto Guzzi air cooled engines. Using the lesser powered variants is probably recommended because they use the existing 2cv gearbox to retain the front wheel drive and simplicity. This would give the car the power that it deserves and it might allow a new bonnet design which looks a bit better than the current design. I have dimensioned drawings of the BMW twin if anybody is interested.
The car looks good on its skinny standard wheels but wire wheel adaptors are available for the three stud hubs.
Spare parts for the 2cv seem to be reasonable prices and new galvanised chassis are available from around £500.
Overall I am very impressed with this design and I see a bright future.
I like your thinking: Supercharged and Nitrous injected Sammio Fireblade anybody?