View Single Post
Old 8th April 2014, 18:13

swifty is on a distinguished road

Made a few parts today and saved a few quid in the process....good result.

IMG_4165.jpg IMG_4166.jpg

Fabricated the two replacement front outriggers for the chassis out of 2mm mild steel plate, will remove the old ones to weld these in to place for the Ribble sub frame to mount into. Also made two front brake pipe stainless steel brackets that hold the copper brake pipe on to the flexi pipe. Original bracket on the left to compare, you may notice the original is slotted, i didn't slot the hole as Triumph did this i think as a tolerance measure for assembly, i measured the hole centers on the front uprights to make sure i only needed to drill a hole, better to be right first time.

IMG_4163.jpg

Parcel arrived from Rimmer Bros for the rocker shaft re-build kit which hopefully i will get to rebuild at the weekend as work commitments prevail, can't speak highly enough for the superb service Rimmer Bros have provided, order placed online one day and delivered the next and i got to save 15% with a discount code, happy days.

Well that's it for now and i hope to have the type 9 gearbox soon so i can tick another job off the ever growing list, when will the list end ummm.

Last edited by swifty; 8th April 2014 at 18:22..