Thread: sammio at last!
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2015, 10:11

nellieb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecymru View Post
Cool! Looking good and lets see/hear more about it when you're able
Hi, to you Sammio builders! I feel I know you well as I read your build up references nearly every day. But to actually interact is a wonderful experience! I bought the Sammio two years ago as an un-started project from gumtree. The biggest problem was getting the frame on the Spitfire chassis.I will put more pics on to show my progress. I have a race tuned small crank Triumph engine under the bonnet after continually buying poor large crank engines from ebay. The Sammio is ready for the body change from Dvla which I am awaiting a reply after a six week duration. I am not familiar with this part of the process registering the Sammio as I just sent a letter and the registration form to DVLA. There is a lot of body work still to do as the mould is all over the place, but the challenge has been a tremendous incentive and has without a doubt improved my health during my time living with my cancer treatment! I think because of the poorly made but low cost of the body makes you interact with the freedom and creativity which this project allows. It has certainly been an enjoyable one for me and kept my mind from my illness and also kept my fitness levels up. I live in the Highlands so meeting other Sammio builders may be difficult but on the positive side, we do have some great solitary driving up here! Thanks once again for including me into your forum and I look forward to are future contact .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-04-20 17.04.02.jpg (101.2 KB, 381 views)