View Single Post
Old 21st May 2009, 18:22

lancelot link is on a distinguished road
Default Feedback Please .....new Body Available Soon / 50's Sports

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I am more well known on various Hot Rod and Volksrod forums as I run a small workshop involved in building Hot Rods , Volksrods and importing Classic American cars.... www.bayarearods.co.uk

My reason for posting this thread is that I have undertaken building a 50's style Sports car , similar to a 550 Spyder but borrowing various style tips from many of the cars of that era...it is going to be offered as a single skin style body with seperate front section , no opening doors etc..a basic format ideal for budget and ease of build.
It is based around a Herald Chassis for registration purposes but could easily be put onto a Custom Chassis. Width is similar to a 550 Porsche , wheelbase is 4'' longer at 90'' , height from lower sill to doortop is 24'' , seat bases will be recessed into the floor slightly.
The headlights are VW / Porsche , screen is 550 Spyder , tail lights are Hillman Imp style round units ...all available quite cheaply.

The idea is to offer a car with the look and feel of the 50's Racing cars but without the complicated or expensive build issues......The Ferrari and Porsche examples are traditionally expensive.

Prices are to be finalized but this is intended to be a budget offering.

Heres some pictures of the plug body so far ....units are expected to be available mid-Summer , price to follow....

I would appreciate any comments , good or bad...Thank you

Last edited by lancelot link; 21st May 2009 at 18:27..
Available from eBay