View Single Post
Old 15th May 2010, 14:59

lancelot link is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Time for an update......

I have sold 4 of these bodies now ...not breath taking but I'm happy with that....They were never going to be big or fast sellers in my opinion. Most kit builders are looking for a slightly easier path , I suspect. The bare shell , 50's Special approach isn't for everyone.

I'm currently working on number 4 ....I have shortened the body approx 9'' to fit a Spitfire chassis. I have cut doors and a bootlid into the shell and constructed the framework and fab'd the woodwork for the customer also.....I'm nearly done , just need to fit the front section and finish the screen and stuff.... The customer picks up the reins after that ...starting with a drastic lowering job , hopefully !!

Heres some pics.....

The Scimitar in the background is my next donor..its a 99'' wheelbased earlier SE5 Model ...I am going to widen the body slightly , moulding one with a single head fairing this time , possibly cut one door into the body and fit a custom fabricated front end that will be stretched 7'' ....The car will take on larger proportions and give it more of a Ferrari 750 Monza meets Aston DB3S meets Lancia D24 meets C-type Jag sort of feel , IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN !!

Last edited by lancelot link; 15th May 2010 at 15:02..