Thread: Dual 7" Servo
View Single Post
Old 8th February 2012, 17:36

andrew curtis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaktree11 View Post
Hi Andrew, thanks for the review!

I have a 20mm Cortina MC but I am some way off being able to test it. I think it will be fine though.

On the subject of the servo nuts, I am pretty sure that the access plate I have cut will make removing/refitting much easier

John
What made my job so easy was the fact that l had previously cut a square 3" hole thro the top of the bulkhead alowing acess to the linkage,Brake peddle to servo and top two studs of servo ,This was done 3 or 4 years ago to change the mini servo for another to no avail !,It may be of intrest that the conection between peddle and servo consised of a very small yoke from the servo [non ajustable]to a solid square bar with a bolt through it and a bolt through the other end side mounted to the brake peddle, I have side mounted the new larger H D yoke strait onto the brake peddle as there is plenty of length and thread ajustment , it keeps the alinment strait and anyway the bolt cannot be withdrawn totaly from the brake peddle as it fouls the framework beteew this and cluch , The only other mod was to replace the push rod from servo to master cylinder all pipes were long enough [my luck] so the actual job only took as long as it takes undo nuts bolts and pipes etc oh and bleeding brakes !