View Single Post
Old 4th July 2013, 22:06
Kit Car Dreamer

GJGB is on a distinguished road

Eddy,

Many thanks for your input. After a bit of experimentation I concluded that the black was the negative wire on these fans so you are absolutely right.

I'm now happily (?) modding the loom I bought from Norman/Phantom and have added a second rear fog (not a legal requirement as far as I know but my MX3 tails had two and the loom had one!) and also added four point reversing sensors into the bumper. The rear view looks to be a bit limited and my "day car" has those beepers so I'm kinda used to them.

The loom has an AMP two pin Superseal connector on the engine RHS that seems to be for an oil pressure sender (NOT the on/off low oil pressure warning light) but I cannot for the life of me find a sender (the low oil pressure sensor is there and connected into the engine loom) and though my Rover tech electrical manual suggests there can be an oil pressure dial, there is none in any 820/827 instrument pack I've ever come across. Reckon I'll just tie it off and ignore it unless someone has any bright ideas? I'm building with a stock 827 Mk1 Vitesse manual engine.

Onward and upward with multimeter, crimpers, wire, tape and solder... One day she will roar!

G