View Single Post
Old 8th March 2015, 21:23

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

I understand the copper fuel pipe has a 0.6mm thick wall. Not sure what will dissolve first, the filler neck, the tank, the fuel pumps (c1985), my 'new' pipework or the carburettors which were new c1977.

This is going to be a can of worms for older cars.

For now I am simply going to make a better support for the copper pipes. In some ways this is a development car. Once it is on the road I will need something to tinker with. It will be monitored and revisited once the car is back on the road. It is partly for this reason I passed the copper pipe through a conduit to facilitate replacement should the need arise.

I haven't achieved as much as I hoped this weekend, we had a dog staying which hampered things a bit. I still managed a major milestone, that of making the new bonnet. It's all trimmed and ready to rivet the hinge in. I need to order some solid rivets.

This is how I left the car this afternoon. Ready to bolt in the central hinge and mount the catches. The orange patches are strong adhesive gaffer tape, holding the bonnet in position.

Last edited by 8 Valve Ed; 8th March 2015 at 21:27..