View Single Post
Old 30th May 2016, 02:03

89Rallye is on a distinguished road

Well don't say I didn't warn you!,

I'm nearly up to speed now,

While looking around for inspiration with the gauges it was hampering my progress with the re-wire. Apart from the indicators intermittently blowing the fuse all the time (I believe down to a new yet pattern switch) the wiring Is all but completed apart from said gauges and control/warning lights.

We started to have a little pre MOT poke around and things didn't appear to bad, well that was until a poke became a prod lol

So I decided to tow the car home and much to the annoyance of my neighbours do the repairs there.

It did however give me the first opportunity to give her a proper bath.

There's a few marks on the body but im hoping the paintwork should buff up nice.

Pre-wash but it also gave a nice photo opportunity with her cousin

Anyway, I built a set of rollers many years ago and im now on Mk3 version for the beetle chassis

I did however fail, when I do this on my own I use a large porta jack but I found that with the fibreglass body the car actually didn't weigh enough to roll over and just kept sliding across. I guess I need more mates as I'm sure two/three of us would simply be able to push it over, another problem with working shifts if nobodies ever about through the week.

So plan B it was for now, getting burnt on my back lol

So let the cut, cut, weld weld proceed!

Cut roughly to shape

Last edited by 89Rallye; 30th May 2016 at 02:17..