Thread: Z3GTc New Build
View Single Post
Old 13th June 2020, 10:34

Lucky@LeMans is on a distinguished road
Default Z3GTc New Build

I collected my Z3GTc part kit last week from Chris at Tribute. Its a part kit as I've only got the front end and the sills so far, the rear end should follow in a few weeks time.
My donor is the blue 2.2 that I've owned for nearly 4 years now so its was ripe for conversion. The strip down was pretty standard stuff and all the unwanted parts were sold on ebay. Got some good prices too given the current climate and it all sold quickly.
The front end and sills were bolted up and the alignment of the panels was pretty good right from the start. I'm making a few subtle changes along the way to put my own stamp on it and to give it more of a period look. These plans include;

Addition of an oil cooler vent under the main grill.
Addition of brake cooling ducts each side of the oil cooler vent.
Delete the bonnet scoop and make it into a bonnet hump
Oval side vents and trim to conceal the joint between the bonnet and wing
Smaller period style front indicators
Modified grill with honey combe style mesh
At the rear I'll fit a pair of Aston style filler caps sunk into the upper part of the rear wings.

I bought a set of 8"- 17" spoked alloys which are really deep dish with a 20mm ET. I thought they might be too wide but there is plenty of room under the arch. In fact I'm might try some 15mm wheel spacers to get them to fill the arch better. Tyres are currently 235/45 - 17 which look slightly small in diameter. I could fit 50 series tyres which work out about an inch bigger diameter.
Photos to follow !

Last edited by Lucky@LeMans; 13th June 2020 at 10:38..
Available from eBay