View Single Post
Old 29th January 2017, 06:26

Paul L is on a distinguished road

The Morning After…
Right, after my frantic efforts to get the film finished yesterday, it is time to slow down a little and catch up a bit…

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Paul _N's 1920s inspired build:
Mister Towed - I agree those aero engined specials were truly a sight to behold.

Paul - If your Sherpa heater isn't suitable, I'd happily donate my old Spitfire heater to your build.

I also measured the width of my cockpit yesterday for comparison and my sides edges are 49" apart.
( So you and your passengers will definitely be cosy, but that is the style of the car. )

Roadster
Thanks for the photo of Owen in the car, I'm glad he enjoyed his short drive.

I'll also keep an eye out for a few suitable accessories if he joins us next time.

As for the editing software, I used GoPro studio which was simple enough for a beginner like me.

Video Link & Modern Technology
I'm not sure why some of you are having problems with the link.

RedRatBike - If it helps, the full YouTube video title is:

Triumph Swordfish - The Harrow Job

I'm also not sure what happened to the quality of the video, as the original footage is much clearer.

That probably has something to do with my choice of export formats, so I'll do some more research.

However, overall, I am very impressed with the GoPro, especially given how small it is.

Similarly, the fact that I was able to pull it all together with no prior experience was a minor miracle too.

Hopefully, all the lessons learned from this film will be incorporated in the summer sequel when the car is painted.

Psycho Pops, Mick O'Malley, Mister Towed, Oxford1360, Jeff H & Lancelot Link - Thanks chaps.

I found that original opening sequence clip to be a real inspiration for me during the dark days of my build.
( In the same way that seeing photos of other builders' cars on the road always helped me to keep going. )

Whilst I tried hard not to be grinning in the film, the reality is that, warts and all, I simply love the way my car has turned out.

So until next time, take care, Paul.