View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2017, 17:48

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Molleur - Cheers, I am hoping the next fews days will see some significant progress.

Jag - In fairness to Sammio, there was very little left of the original bonnet lip after all my butchery!

So far, I have found it a big help to have lots of different areas at different stages.

Because if I had just done all the sanding as the first stage, without doing anything else, I think I would have gone mad.
( Plus I would have lost the use of my arms completely, as the sanding is seriously hard labour. )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Weather Warnings…
Now I haven't had much luck with weather forecasts recently, but I put my faith in today's.

So I just did some simple sanding down work, starting with the front wheel arch return edges.

I also removed my temporary bonnet seal arrangements.

There was also one small section where the bonnet & bonnet lip were rubbing together while I drove along.

So both sides were given a quick 'rub' with my angle grinder to ensure a better clearance.

Finally, I made a start on sanding down the front section of the scuttle.

Note: This is another area off the body work that is going to end up smooth, but undulating.

At this point, my 'Spider Senses' were tingling, so just to be on the safe side, I packed up and put the covers back on.

As it turned out, I might have got away with working a little bit longer, but when the rain finally came, it absolutely hammered down.

Until next time, take care, Paul.