View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2014, 21:45
Enthusiast

Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cussen View Post
Its come with a default map. There is a USB connection and software that allows you to configure the maps, sensors and other parameters. If you go down this route I would suggest you browse the website and to contact Phil at ExtraEFI if you have any questions, and he can advise you on the configuration you will need.

There is also some logging software that allows you to capture what is going on when the engine is running, so you can re-map it.

As I said, I haven't finished the installation yet. I'll post some more when I get back to engineering rather than sorting out some domestic issues.
Hi Chris

This looks interesting, and terrifying in equal measure!

I love the idea of a DIY engine management computer system, with the ability to play with your own tunes and engine upgrades, but given my electronic knowledge (lack of!) it might be a step too far.

My ECU programmer rang today to say he is almost ready to run his BMW M54 engine with my MS43 ECU, and should be able to post a video on Youtube by the end of September - fingers crossed.
If all goes to plan I hope to collect a Plug n Play ECU plus loom after my holidays later in October.

Maybe, just maybe, an M54 powered Marlin is moving a step closer?

Keeping fingers crossed.......!