View Single Post
Old 15th June 2017, 18:37

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Timeline Observations:
The other day, Mister Towed pointed out that the 23rd June would mark 5 years since the kit arrived.

However, my donor Spitfire actually arrived on 22nd April 2012, so this project has already passed the 5 year mark.

Although, strictly speaking, I should get 8.5 months off my sentence for 'good behaviour' / being on the road.

My last drive around the block was 14th May, and I started the painting prep work a week earlier on the 7th May.

So even though I've not been at this prep work for 6 weeks yet, it does feel much, much longer.

Still, the weather forecast for the next few days looks good and I really hope this is enough to make a big difference.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A Tale Of Two Cities:
Back in September last year, I posted this…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
...On the way home, I quickly parked up in Holland Park, just to make the car look more like a real classic.

Around the corner from this road I lost count of the Aston Martins parked in the street.
Well, I checked the distance today and my car is parked a mere 900m from Grenfell Tower.

Although it might as well be a different country altogether, as I doubt any Aston Martins were damaged by fire.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Long Good(ish) Thursday - Part 1:
It was another early start as I sanded down the scuttle and the wind deflector lip.

This actually required quite a lot of work to turn big undulations into smaller ones.

Then I sanded down all the finishing putty applied yesterday, starting with the bonnet lip.

Then followed by the rear end.

Driveway Sundial - Part 1 - 11.50am - Still in the shade.

Unfortunately, the wind was quite gusty at times which was turning the plastic sheet into a balloon / air bag.

So I had to switch to wrapping the dash and steering wheel in newspaper instead.

End of Part 1…