View Single Post
Old 29th June 2014, 17:49

Hammy is on a distinguished road
Default Angry grinder

2 more hours with my most used tool recently, the angry grinder was out again with a vengeance. Being very careful and drawing on my memorys of my MX250 GTO build and what the clams looked like I got stuck in...

That'll be me then with said tool when my mate came round to fetch his jetwash and was trying to comprehend what the hell I am doing and if as a mate he should have me sectioned........

Whilst deconstructing the shell I have been mindful to cut and save any difficult profiles that may come back and bite me and make me think 'God I wish I hadn't hacked that to death and jucked it in the tip'

Started on the front clam and got well stuck in....

Now mindful of the weak points in the shell I have it propped up on a pallet to relieve any unecessary pressure. Note my Tribute Kobra donor in the back ground which for now has turned in to my daily driver, why not 2.8 straight 6 and the sun is shining!
Time to pack up and go out for lunch with a gorgeous young lady.... livin' the dream boys!

Some of the valuable booty to get on ebay. I'll be keeping the hinges though as they are very expensive to source flat hinges of the size. Another lesson from the 250 build. Cant believe these lights are £195 each from SJ sportscars!

The best part of todays work was removing the rear bumper and realising the bodywork underneath has the exact bumper profile. Bumpers wont feature in my build so that will save loads of work and gives me more valuable ebay booty! Speaking of which I toyed with the idea of 911 headlights and a mate came up with a cracking idea of the 993 lights. Well at £400 a pair 2nd hand that's a big risk and then I found a set of scratched 993 lenses on ebay for £40 and I was the only bidder! Maybe I'll have to make two of these, one classic based on the mk1 mx5 and one modern street racer on steroids!!! Am I getting ahead of myself? YEP but its the enthusiasm and final vision that always grabs me and gets me motivated.

All for now lads! Cheers for reading so far.

Hammy

Last edited by Hammy; 1st July 2014 at 20:20..