Thread: DVLA Inspection
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2014, 09:07

mas123mas is on a distinguished road

Hi All, I am now Very Very Confused.

Obviously I am not at the inspection stage yet (far from it), yet I have been trying to understand the DVLA inspections process.

Searching the internet, for DVLA, VOSA etc.... only to find out VOSA now defunct and is now called DVSA. So I called them, absolutely no use what so ever, they told me call DVLA. Vehicle Registration and Tax enquiries 0300 790 6802, they where a little bit more helpful.

There recommendation where put the vehicle through Voluntary IVA (which is more expensive than a normal IVA?????). So, I said that I had been informed that I do not need a IVA, just an inspection.

The nice lady then said, go on the website on .gov website and she give me the web-address https://www.gov.uk/change-vehicle-de...need-to-update, read it does it fall in to any of these catogies, I said "Yes", replacing the bodyshell.
1. Changes you'll need to update
You must update your registration certificate (V5C) if there are any mistakes on it, or if you make any of the following changes to your vehicle:
  • colour
  • engine
  • cylinder capacity (cc)
  • fuel type
  • replacing or modifying the chassis or bodyshell
  • seating capacity
  • weight of a goods vehicle
  • tax class changed to ‘disabled’

She then said, just amend the "V5c" and complete a "Built up vehicle report V627/1", and send to Swansea, they will then process.

I like this approach but surely, there must be an inspection???