View Single Post
Old 13th April 2007, 19:39
Enthusiast

Ric H is on a distinguished road

I've been doing a lot of thinking about brakes recently too. I decided to go for standard rover disc size (262 & 239) but have splashed out on some pimp Mintex Ctech discs; what can I say - they're blue Special order on 3 weeks delivery though so I'm waiting...

I went for the Wilwood front caliper option and got Marlin to swap my standard uprights for some radial-mount ones to take the new calipers. To be honest this was all about unsprung weight rather than braking power - I think the car is light enough for power not to be a problem. I was unhappy about the weight of the standard caliper whereas the Wilwoods weigh, erm, nothing really!

Same problem on the rear but I didn't want the Wilwoods there because of handbrake concerns. I've bought some alloy "Hydramech" calipers from RallyDesign http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog...ducts_id=10563 which are pretty light, though still sliders (which is a shame). I'm waiting for my rear discs to see what mods I need to do to fit these to the uprights, but I think it should be straightforward.

All good fun it is too! These are the best bits I think - making the car your own.
Richard