View Single Post
Old 7th July 2018, 17:34

Mick O'Malley is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks; Castle Combe and Semi-Finals!

Today's sortie was to Castle Combe for the 'Summer Action Festival. I set off at 0600 and the cool morning air seemed to suit the A352 very well, as she absolutely sang along the 30 odd miles, the last few of which I drove in company with boy racers .

After a swift coffee from the flask and a very jammy doughnut I walked around the circuit's 1.84 miles looking at the other early arrivals. I was seriously underwhelmed by the plethora of blingy slammed to the deck hot hatches which had clearly been beaten into shape with cheque books, rather than the elbow grease we expend. The "Fast and Furious' franchise clearly has much to answer for!

I only stayed for three hours as I wanted to be back in plenty of time for the footer, but I did see a few noteworthy later arrivals, one of which forum members will be familiar with

Funny how it appears a different shade to the camera from another angle, strange!

These are the other two beauties (to my eyes) that I spotted.

I loved this guy's attitude: Gunk? Kurust? Polish? Why?

This was undoubtedly a kit, but what a stunning evocation!

The drive back was considerably hotter but enjoyable as traffic was thankfully light. The only blot was a very narrow head on miss with a 'power ranger' 'hooning' (as they describe their antisocial riding) who came around the corner in the middle of the road at high speed. The terror in his eyes led me to believe that discretion would be well to the fore from that moment on!

Regards, Mick

Last edited by Mick O'Malley; 9th August 2019 at 22:41.. Reason: Typo.