View Single Post
Old 19th June 2012, 18:09

Tribute Automotive is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by williammcloughlin View Post
Looking good! Are the mk2 arches something you did to house the big wheels or is it a standard thing on the mk2? I will only be having 6"steels on the front. How are the headlight lenses doing,any further development? It certainly looked like the cars went down very well with the crowds! Every time i looked over you guys were wooooing folk ha. Just wish i could of had mine there.
The arches on the Mk2 were only done like that to clear the 17"x 8" alloys with zero offset. But I will be taking a mould from them and offering them as an option if anyone wants to do the same wheel combo. I am going that route on my own V8 Mk2, when I get time to build it.

Headlight covers...............I was let down by a guy who promised to deliver a rollcage for the red car 2 days before the Stoneleigh Show in May, guess what? Yep, 2 days before Newark a different guy brings my headlight cover moulds back to the workshop and tells me he can't make them after all. We are now going to produce them in house, as we do with everything else. If we can't make it ourselves, we aren't going to sell it. Rant over.