View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2015, 16:00

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Rene: - Thanks for the tips.

Unfortunately, it looks like my car's body work will require a LOT of preparation before it will be ready for painting.

So my current plan is to get the car ready for its first MOT without its final colour, just a very basic grey primer finish.
( As all the repair/alteration work at least looks more presentable when it it the same colour all over. )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A Bit More Progress:
Nicest day we've had around here in weeks, but I had a few other things competing with car time.

Morning

Added the second coat of Tetroseal to the boot floor to body shell panelling.

I've decided to turn the curves along the top edge of the cockpit sides into a "feature".

So I marked a (roughly) matching line along the bottom edges of the cockpit sides.

Then I had a slight technical hitch with my ear defenders.

So I've ordered a new one and just used foam ear plugs while cutting the lips with my angle grinder.

Then I gave the inside of the cockpit a long over due clean.

Before using some etch primer to at least make the cockpit sides look a bit more presentable.

As per my reply to Rene above, whilst this is certainly not the final finish, it does look miles better.

Unfortunately, it looks like I still managed make a mess on my seats despite covering them up.

So cleaning the seat covers will be added to the "To Do" list.

End of Part 1...