View Single Post
Old 11th May 2015, 17:50

Mister Towed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford1360 View Post
Hmm, shiny paint job but I can see that there might be a few difficulties finishing it to a good standard.

It'll be quite a challenge getting the wheels centred in the arches front and rear, I'd say it might even need the one piece body shortening to get the front ones anywhere near where they should be.

That could also be down to the rear arches being centred on the back wheels without the desired toe in/out being set first. I wonder if the body's been bonded on yet?

From the angle of the bonnet, unless that picture was taken with the engine out, I'd also say that the bodyshell is set too high at the front. As it is, if you lower the front enough for it to look right then the chassis will drag along the ground and you'd have no suspension travel left. If the body is bonded on already that would be a major issue to correct.

Finally, the wire wheel axles are almost certainly going to be fitted with Triumph 13" 'short' splines, which won't fit 14" wires.

On a more positive note, I do really like the look of those lowered floorpans. Nice.