View Single Post
Old 29th June 2019, 15:09

Paul L is on a distinguished road

Saturday - Part 2:
By the time I was ready to start fixing the side panel it was after 11am and thankfully the sun hadn't reached the car yet.

It took over an hour to fix the panel in place, by which time I was sweating buckets and my back was aching.
( From all the reaching in over the side of the cockpit. )

Still, the final panel was in place and it was worth the sunscreen burning my eyes.

Note:
What looks like a crease is the panel trying to follow the contours of the cockpit wall, that does slope in.

My next job is to put a number of screws in the middle of the panels to stop any vibration.

I want to have a think about the best way to do this, so all thoughts are welcome.

Option:
A - Single row, evenly spaced, in the middle.
B - Two rows, evenly spaced, at 1/3rd & 2/3rds.
C - As above, but unevenly spaced.

My current preference is for "C", as I want to add a few extra screws around the seat belt cut outs too.

The postman delivered this today, a replacement float the fuel gauge sender

As I noticed that that the one I currently have has sprung a small leak and has some petrol on the inside.
( I had removed the whole unit when I was trying to fix my fuel problem. )

That was all the time I had for the car, as I had other chores to do, including gardening in over 30 degrees heat.

At least all the rain we had at the start of June means the grass is still very green.

Hope to have a family BBQ this evening, so I'd better go and finish preparing for that.

Cheers, Paul.