Thread: Darren's MX250
View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2016, 22:37

TAZ is on a distinguished road
Default Darren's MX250

Hi,

I picked my MX250 Kit up from Chris yesterday so am looking forward to getting started - although I have already stripped all the non-needed parts off the car and have changed my brake calipers, discs and pads whilst waiting for the kit.

I'm building a coupe kit and basing it on a 2001 mk2.5. Luckily the chassis rails are pretty good but I've rubbed down some minor rust patches and have taken the crash cans off, waxoyled inside and am in the process of undersealing the outside.

I've not done anything like this before and I spent some great time walking through the build with Chris and getting my questions answered, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

That said, I'm definitely going to need ongoing support, so am starting my own thread hoping you'll all be gentle with me. I'm a bit of a plodder, so I do not expect to make quick progress, but I'll get there eventually!

So hi to all, I'm looking forward to getting more involved and I'll try to update regularly - or at least when I make any significant progress.

Darren (Based near Basildon, Essex)
Available from eBay