View Single Post
Old 24th May 2016, 19:46

Old Jock is on a distinguished road

And there's more!

All in a day's work - most of this stuff came off today. I have taken lots more photos so I don't have to rely on memory to know how it all goes back together.

And at last, a chair so I can sit down and admire my handiwork - so where's the well deserved beer then?

Well, that will be it for a few days I think. My wife is "suggesting" that I do some of the painting I started a few weeks ago but lost interest in when the bits for the Fiorano started to arrive. My Minilite / MGF wheels should have arrived today but unfortunately only the bright zinc plated wheel nuts made it. The kit is on order with Mick at Fiorano but it won't be available until the 24th of JUNE. I guess that gives me some time to clear out all the rubbish in my Mum's garage (and there is a lot!) and also figure out how I am going to fit the Fiorano kit plus my Honda CBR600f into a single garage. The plan is to do all the dirty work at my friend's farm house under the car port and once all the welding is done, the assembling stage of the kit will move to my Mum's garage.
I have asked Chic Doig for a price for all the parts to rebuild the front and rear suspension and will, hopefully, be going to collect them on Thursday or Friday. I can't really do much more until I have taken the engine and gearbox out. Then I can remove the outriggers, the gearbox mounting blocks and completely degrease the chassis. I am still waiting for a price to have the chassis shot blasted but if it's too dear, then I'll probably just attack it with wire brushes etc. then a rust killer. Any suggestions for an easy and relatively not messy product to use?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03907.jpg (98.5 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03908.jpg (98.6 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by Old Jock; 25th May 2016 at 08:21.. Reason: bad spelling