View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2015, 23:16

8 Valve Ed is on a distinguished road

Paul, I am really happy with the bodywork generally to be honest i'm having a ball! Some of the tasks are a challenge, especially with a meagre budget, but that's half the fun.

The dashboard should be nice although I haven't worked out how to make the cubby hole door work yet. I am thinking in terms of a large letter box but upside down. I want the spot faced swirl effect to be continuous across the whole facia. Needs more thought, apply the 7 p's, prior planning etc. also KISS.

René, Thanks for the encouragement, I am just about 90% complete but this week, although I have been working hard all week about 12 to 14 hours a day, I don't seem any further forward. It took us all day Saturday to rivet the bonnet halves to the hinge. Today I have been trying to make a bracket for the Kenlowe Fan but I have also been showing Michael how to mix body filler and apply it and keeping an eye on Christopher, the younger of my two boys.

One of my neighbours has given Christopher a lovely tool chest with quite a few nice tools and various 'bits and pieces' so I went over to make sure he had thanked my neighbour properly, when he offered me an engineers square! A real mammoth one 24" on the blade, weighs a ton, it was a bit rusty but I cleaned it up and it's a Moor and Wright 402 precision square. OK, it's old and it has a bit of weld splatter but for me it's wonderful, I have cleaned and oiled it, I already have a 6" one so now I have a matching pair, little and large! Will post a pic in a day or so when I have caught my breath after the weekend with the boys.